I proudly stood over my kitchen floor. It was clean — the strong armed man on the bottle label assured me it was.
Then something happened that changed my life: my newly-mobile daughter crawled past me, put her hand on the still-damp floor and put it straight into her mouth. She ate chemicals, chemicals I had just put within her reach. I had child locks on the cabinets that stored toxic cleaners but this was putting those very same toxins right at her level and in her body.
I had recently bought a DIY natural cleaning book but it had just sat on my shelf. Now I had the motivation I needed to get the dangerous chemicals out of my home and replace them with natural cleaners I could make myself with a few simple ingredients all while saving money. Continue reading